Just a heads up about the Monday after the Portland ValenTango (Feb 8-13, 2017)....if you wanna stick around, there's plenty to do, (both tango and non-tango). Like....
- Lots of cafes and coffee shops for breakfast along Weidler and along Broadway just a few blocks north of the DoubleTree. (Hint: pick up a map from the bellhop).
- Shop at Lloyd Center (Oregon's largest mall just across the street) and watch the ice skaters.
- Take the Max to downtown Portland's renown city center (station is just across the street and a couple of bucks and a 20 minute ride gets you there)
- Attend Clay & Nancy's free beginning Balboa class 1:30-2:30p in the Cascade Ballroom (upstairs at the DoubleTree).
- Attend a free guided tango practica with the instructors at 2:30-4:00p in the Cascade Ballroom.
- Practice your new steps in the Cascade Ballroom which will be open (except 1:30-4:00p) at no charge.
- Go to a movie at the 10 theater cinema complex a couple of blocks east of the DoubleTree.
- Attend the Analog Milonga with DJ Jim Dickerson from 8:00p-1:00a in the Cascade Ballroom.
- Attend Milonga de Oro at the Polish Center, 3832 N Interstate Ave from 8:00p-1:00a
- Finally, and one of my favorites, have a glass of wine in the DoubleTree bar called Gathers and just schmooze with friends.
(1) This email was sent to you at by
Clay Nelson, 1299 Gardner Way, Medford, OR 97505
(2) To remove your email from my list, click Unsubscribe
(3) To add a new email address to my list, click Join Clay's List